Sunday, September 20, 2009

dance, dance, dance.

9/12

Today I met the famous winemaker Carlo Ferrini. He is one of Italy‘s foremost winemaking consultants and was recently awarded “winemaker of the year” in New York by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. He is known for his work in Tuscany and is kinda a legend in the world of wine so it was an honor to meet him.

In the afternoon, there was not too much work to do so I played (and I mean really played) with Laura’s kids. We did everything from play board games to house, and hide and go seek and tag in the vineyards in their backyard. It was actually really fun and I felt like a kid again! Laura’s daughter is such a sweet little girl. She holds my hand everywhere we go and when I went to leave I almost walked out the door without giving her a kiss until she came over and tugged on my shirt and said “baciami” (kiss me) and turned her cheek for me to give her a kiss. So cute!

All week we have been talking about going dancing on Saturday. Even some of the boys I live with were excited about it. I assumed we’d go to a bar or club, have a few drinks, and dance. But I was clearly mistaken. At 7pm on a Saturday night, I found myself in a recreational dance class with about 8 of the locals from the town, learning a salsa/meringue dance number. At first I was a little apprehensive, but once I let loose I had a great time. I haven’t danced like that since the cheerleading days!

No comments:

Post a Comment