Saturday, October 3, 2009

9.11

September 11th. Very different here. Many people gave their condolences, trying to understand what it must have been like for the American people, but they were not there for the experience I can so clearly remember. Being here has made me appreciate America even more. Although we have our own problems, as all countries do, there is no place else in the world quite like it ( for the good, the bad, and the ugly). I am proud to call myself an American. Being in Italy has been an eye opener for me. The people here find greater happiness in the simple things in life, which I love. But I think we, as Americans, are all very fortunate to have everything we need or want at our fingertips. This experience has definitely made me understand the difference between the significant things in life and the unnecessary. While we made dinner tonight, my roommates and I went back and forth requesting songs. They like a lot of the same music I do, and it was interesting to see which oldies but goodies made their list too.

No comments:

Post a Comment