Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 1- NYC



I feel like I have already experienced New York like it's supposed to be experienced and I have only been here for 24 hours. It took 45 minutes just to get off the plane, I waited 20 min for a shuttle that had to be at least 100 degrees inside with 100% humidity to grand Central where I dragged my suitcases down the street to hail 3 cabs which were all stolen from me by grown men, and while waiting for the next cab a random man in a Mercedes offered to take me anywhere I needed to go for $10 (don't worry I said HELL NO!), then I saw 25-20 cop cars in a row flying down the street with their lights on, which I saw again today at about the same time but on a different street. Very strange. Then I dragged 2 heavy suitcases up 5 flights of narrow stairs in a building with no air conditioning that smelled like a mix of onions and trash. Then we drank $3 margaritas on the patio of a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. This place came up with the perfect drink. Half Sangria, Half Margarita, and a Coronita! What more could you ask for!? After cuddling with Lily in her non air conditioned room I was awakened to the beautiful sound of honking cabs. I LOVE IT HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment