Monday, August 31, 2009

Me and the Boys

8/21

There’s a popular Pop radio station that mostly plays songs in English so we pretty much listen to the same music in the car here as I did at home (which is a shame). I have noticed that it is “cool” for the younger people to drive down the street blasting this radio station. They play anything and everything from Lady Gaga to Phil Collins and the people driving most likely don’t even know what the lyrics in the songs mean. Its pretty funny.

Last night we went to the next closest (a nicer!) town for dinner at a pizzeria. We didn’t get there until 11 and it was packed. Everyone eats late here. They have a big lunch around 2:00 and then take a nap until about 4. The town starts to liven up around 5 and you can find cars parked everywhere in no particular fashion. Some pull up against the curb while others just pull in facing it. Like I said, there are no rules here. Everyone comes out of their homes to sit outside their house or at one of the bars until 12 or 1 am. Even the kids! In fact, the ones who take the orders at the bars are usually the 9 or 10 year old children of the owners. Oh and all of the kids here are absolutely beautiful here.

I found out that my roommate, Lisa, will be working at our other winery, a few towns over, for the rest of harvest. I am really sad she is leaving. At first, I was bummed I had to share a room and now it is going to seem so empty without her here. She has made me feel so welcome and has been my savior since I got here. But before she left, we shaved our roommate, Stefano‘s head . He had a bit of an afro going on...much better now. Well I guess it’s just me and the boys from now on. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment